Hari the Hadron

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A WELCOME TRIP

Its been quite sometime since I posted and it is for all of you my friends to judge how far this gap has affected my writing ability, if at all you thought I had one. Anyway the last one and a half months has been a nerve wrecking period for me on all fronts and so just could not pick me up to create any thoughts that can be posted. So much so that during the last ten days I had even stopped blog-hopping as Ramya rightly pointed out in my shout-box.

Finally I decided that I should take a break from this vicious cycle of stressful battle before it gets to my head fully. So myself alongwith my friends embarked on a three day trip to Munnar, the Hill Station in the Kerala-Tamil Nadu border. The pristine beauty of nature out there amidst the fragrance of fresh tea and cardamom really brought the right and positive change in my attitude and approach to things. I had heard from Dr. Vasantha, wife of Mr. Partha Krishnaswamy, a fatherly figure in the blog world, about Bach flower therapy, wherein the essence and fragrance of flowers are used to change our bad temperament, attitude and thought process. But I truly experienced it in the virgin environments of Munnar.

With Kerala experiencing more than normal rainfall, the water bodies of Munnar (which gets its name from the confluence of three rivers in that place) are brimming to its capacity and even extinct Waterfalls are now roaring. Tata Tea owns most of that place, so its just tea estates all around the landscape. Finally even with all the generous inheritance of nature’s beauty, Munnar has the most well mannered, courteous, honest and helpful people inhabiting it and it is the cheapest of Hill-stations I have visited so far in terms of food and accommodation.

I have taken some pictures but am still not a good enough computer wizard to put it in my blog though Sophia did her best to help me in this endaevour. I will try to do something about it soon.

Finally I would like to thank all my blog friends for visiting my blog regularly even during the times I was not posting and help me lift my spirits with your inspiring comments on my shoutbox. It is you people who make this world such a wonderful place to live in.

19 Comments:

  • Hi everybody. Please feel free to comment. Even criticism would be a compliment.

    By Blogger hari, at 4:42 AM  

  • Hi Hari, good to see you back in the world of bloggers. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Munnar - I've been there too, and it was absolutely beautiful. I'm sure it must have been a rejuvenating experience. :) Waiting to see the pics now...

    By Blogger Shammi, at 7:22 AM  

  • Welcome Back, buddy !!!

    Munnar is a nice place....First time, I went to that place in the lowest of my life too...Ah, what a similarity....Not quite enjoyed it then.........but last year, I did a trek to Meesapulimalai.....You should try it once....ITs awesome trekking and the guide is the forest officer....Inside the tent, in the dark cold night....u know u r close to heaven !!!!

    By Blogger Enchanted Mind, at 10:50 AM  

  • BTW,

    I dont know when Bach lived (If he is the one who invented the therapy) but you will see it abundant in the Pondy Aurobindo Ashram......

    By Blogger Enchanted Mind, at 10:52 AM  

  • Good to see your post after a long time!

    Great to know about your trip. I'm sure you are gonna try your hands on uploading the pics *mez waiting*

    By Blogger DreamClicks, at 5:04 AM  

  • Hadron: The atmosphere and all the contents in it that surrounds us are constantly massaging our body and mind and going to a place of natural beauty is actually like getting treated in a spa.
    Good to see you back refreshed.

    By Blogger Swahilya Shambhavi, at 7:22 AM  

  • I've been to Munar once - Liked the place - Cool ... and Green.

    Will be posting something to make you guys think ;-) yup me back to my usual self ... C you soon Hari. Ta ta

    By Blogger Loveena Raj, at 10:03 PM  

  • Hari u r back to the blog world makes me happy...

    By Blogger che sara sara, at 1:05 AM  

  • Hari,
    Welcome back. Upload the pics soon, I will get ur advice before planning my next trip. ur post made to think for a picnic to Munnar.

    By Blogger REFLEX, at 3:32 AM  

  • Well, I thought I'l take the risk. Trouvaille - means Lucky encounter. I dont believe in Luck and I am where I am due to ... Faith and hard work. I thought I'll better go by my own name rather than something I thought was flashy and nice ... Kindly make the change my blogspot address is: www.loveenarajalaxshmy.blogspot.com

    O yea I had to put in my full name :-) Hey, its just a copy paste ... sorry for the trouble :-) See you.

    By Blogger Loveena Raj, at 6:33 AM  

  • Hari, I too went thru a tough one month and am a little wiser for the experience. Kind of reinforces the saying that "what does not kill you makes you stronger". Welcome back :-)

    By Blogger Krish, at 4:48 AM  

  • wow! a holiday in munnar can rejuvenate anyone! :) esp, now after the rains!
    as for the pics, do you use a digital camera or do you have the pics on a cd?
    if they are on a cd, just e-mail them to photobucket.com or flickr.com and there are options to blog the pictures from these two sites. or, you could download picasa and hello, for long term use.

    cheers!
    ramya

    By Blogger Houseowner, at 4:05 AM  

  • Hi, drop in and do leave your point of view ... I wanna know what u think about something I've put up in my blog - curious - and do remember I'm just thinking out loud :-)

    By Blogger Loveena Raj, at 12:58 AM  

  • Hvnt been to Munnar, and the aroma as u hv described it sounds tantalising. Good u had a break. And that too at such a lovely place. Will await the pics. Till then, take care, and welcome back :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 PM  

  • Hi Hari...good to see you, refreshed in body and spirit, back in blogosphere!
    Ravi @ ravikumar.blogdrive.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:27 PM  

  • HI everybody,

    Thanks very much for having received my post with such a good response even after me being out of this blogworld for a long time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:40 AM  

  • Ho pensato che lasciassi un alberino sul starks + wedding reception e spero che � freddo.Candidly, Bret starks + wedding reception

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:09 AM  

  • �Usted sabe de qu� m�s tengo gusto? �Ovaltine!Salaam, Herb discount wedding reception food

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:39 PM  

  • I appreciate what you do here.Good Wishes, Alesha chinese wedding decorations

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home