Hari the Hadron

Monday, December 13, 2004

TRIBUTE TO M.S. – AN HONEST ATTEMPT

I wanted to write a post as a tribute to the great MS, but I was found very much wanting for words and my best effort was giving a silent tribute. I soon realized that it takes much more competence and a rich source of vocabulary at one’s disposal to pay tributes to a legend like MS. But the ardent fan of MS in me prompted me to make an honest effort to add a drop to the vast ocean of tributes which she would have been showered with.

In Dr. Rajagopalachari’s lecture as preface to the rendition of Bhaja Govindam song by the Legend MS, he describes Knowledge and devotion or in other words Gnana and Bhakthi as synonymous to each other. He tells that Knowledge takes the form of devotion or bhakthi on its maturity and if it does not become so, then such a knowledge is useless. He describes Bhaja Govindam song as a typical example of Knowledge having transformed into bhakthi. I thought it was a preface to the Bhaja Govindam song, but later I realized that it was as much a tribute to MS, the singer too. Her knowledge of music had reached the highest levels of maturity and transformed into devotion or bhakthi in its purest forms. It is this devotion that made her renditions divine and eternal and placed her at a much higher platform than being just an acclaimed Carnatic music singer.

11 Comments:

  • Hi everybody. Please feel free to comment. even criticism would be a compliment

    By Blogger hari, at 6:34 PM  

  • I think God is bored of listening to VCD and DVD, so he took M.S from us to listen to her Live concert.

    Malargalai malara vaikum kural
    Manidhathai malara vaikum seyal
    Ini indha geetham "katrinil mattum thaan varumo" .

    Everyone has their own way to pay tribute to our own Great M.S. I was watching some news channel.I shed tears when I heard this news around 1.30 that night.

    By Blogger REFLEX, at 12:52 AM  

  • Yep... the devotional songs she sang are emotion-perfect - they dont sound right coming from anybody else. MSS was unique.

    Hari, by the way - this has nothing to do with your post. I've been meaning to ask you this - what IS a Hadron?

    By Blogger Shammi, at 2:19 AM  

  • Hi Shyam,

    I wanted to give a rhyming title to my blog, which I can identify myself with. "Hadron" is a term in Physics and it refers to a very small particle with a very high interactive power. So I found it very much identifiable with me and my attitude. By the way is there any other meaning to it that you have come across.

    By Blogger hari, at 2:50 AM  

  • well said hari.

    By Blogger saranyan r, at 9:48 AM  

  • Good one. I have pondering for the write words to express the loss but it has been difficult. May her soul rest in peace.

    By Blogger The Last Blogger, at 1:35 PM  

  • Although MS passed away, her voice will live and continue to live through those innumerable recordings.

    By Blogger kaatss, at 1:46 PM  

  • Hadron = A heavy fundamental particle that participates in strong nuclear interactions.

    That's all I know about it, Hari. The rest of the definition totally evaded my understanding. Next to mathematics, I hate physics! :)

    By Blogger Shammi, at 2:16 PM  

  • Hi Kaats,

    You are right. Her voice is immortal and it will be always with us time immemorial.

    By Blogger hari, at 8:22 PM  

  • Hey Shyam,

    You got the definition perfectly right, very techical. I have a commerce background, so could not give you a very technically perfect definition. But I meant exactly what you said.

    By Blogger hari, at 8:23 PM  

  • Very sad Hari.. mornings wd never be the same again when we hear Suprabatham.

    By Blogger Chakra, at 12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home