Hari the Hadron

Monday, October 04, 2004

MY HOLIDAY AT BANGALORE

I had been on a short holiday to Bangalore and let me tell you guys that I really fell in love with that place. Though some of my blog friends here were really critical about the city, but still I felt it is among the most vibrant places in our country. It seems to be much better planned, much better maintained and lot of greenery than any other South Indian cities. There might be places with pot-holes, like the one at Koramangala where I happened to visit, but still when compared to Chennai, it looked like a paradise. The people seem to be more helpful and the Autorickshaw drivers there seem to have landed up from the heaven. They do not take us for a ride, do not charge anything above the meter and finally are prompt in returning the change. May be the autorickshaw drivers there have never come to Chennai for a holiday.

I was also able to offer some food for my soul, as I got the opportunity to attend a lecture session on “Bhagawatha”, the compilations of Stories of the Supreme Lord, purportedly written for the benefit of the people living in the Kaliyuga which is in existence now. What is more important is that the lecture was rendered by a Muslim Scholar named , Sri Mumtaz Ali which shows that true devotion and faith on God knows no religion, language, caste or creed. It kind of gave me a realisation that the scriptures and books by various religions are like various means of Transport to reach the Supreme Lord who is only one. You can choose the mode you want and feel comfortable to attain realization. It is only we humans who have limited our options to the wide transport network created by our pious and spiritual ancestors for reaching God, by religion, language etc.

Please do not mistake me to be a saint or a spiritual leader, which I am definitely not as I possess all the evil habbit which an average human being possesses, but only that I am trying to be a muti-faceted person. I think this would help me in thinking more rationally and for the good of all in general despite all my limitations.

3 Comments:

  • Hi friends,feel free to post your comments. criticism will be considered compliments

    By Blogger hari, at 2:40 AM  

  • Bangalore is vibrant. Bangalore is cool.Bangalore is better than chennai...
    Agreed...Agreed...Agreed. Its colorful too... :)

    But the infrastructure sucks bigtime and its the attitude of the authorities that pisses me off.

    Ne ways, its really nice to know that u attended a session on Bhagawatha here, for all i am only able to hear about the latest pubs and discos here.

    if u get any info on such things in future, its good idea to put that up on ur blog so that word can spread...

    And nope, i am not aware of any forum u were asking about...

    By Blogger Sriram, at 12:23 AM  

  • Hey Buddy,
    Good that u have seen only the best of Bangalore and commented on them. I am sure many of they have already expressed abt what i am gonna say.

    People here are polite and helpful, what i mean by i.e., you won't feel out of place in Bangalore. I had tough time in conversing with people to find a particular address.

    Auto-drivers here sometimes drive u crazy for their "one-and-half" metre fare and driving rashly on roads.

    The worst thing is authorities have made Bangalore a mess in the last 8 months.

    Still i love this city for what it is:).

    By Blogger vevck, at 4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home